Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dubbing in Commercials


I happen to watch a few shows in languages other than english so I also happen to see a few commercials in other languages. I've noticed that a few commercials gearing toward asain groups they will use the same commercial and use a different voice over it and replace a few of the words. As an economical type of guy I don't see a problem with this except the few where you can tell that the voice don't match the person. The worst I've seen lately has been an AT&T which I have seen in 4 languages.English,Korean,Japanese and a Chinese. It was done in English and the Korean doesn't look too bad, at first I thought they had actually re-taped it for Korean with the same lady but the Japanese and Chinese versions are pretty obvious. What I don't get is if you think you have enough of a market to dub a commercial to a group you don't want to just re-tape and find a person to say it in that language?I guess to just show the possible consumer that you cared.

No comments: