Sunday, March 2, 2008

This weekend I started (and finished) a book,Magic Kingdom for Sale-Sold by Terry Brooks. A course it caused me to wonder:Would I want to buy a Magic Kingdom?

First you have the question. The question you will have even when buying a nonmagical kingdom. Who would sale a kingdom and why? The very act of trying to buy a country raises moral and practical issues. After that you will also have to deal with personal issues seeing that I doubt more subjects of a country will be happy about their home being sold.

Then there is the whole magic element. With that we have dragons which from some sources of authors' imagination are either crazed,evil flying giants of incredible power or from others highly intelligent creatures that are still frankly a lot stronger than me. Between other magical creatures and the possibility that the land's magic might hold some rules you the newcomer would obviously not know your life expectancy would definitely drop by going to that country.

On the other side of the argument it sure would be fun.

Oh by the way I would definitely recommend the Land-Over series to any reader who likes fantasy or witty, funny books

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it seems like escaping to a kingdom would be the perfect thing. I'm such a chicken though.