Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hate - a poem

I just visited my friend's blog and it made me realize that I haven't posted one of my poems on here for a while. Here is an old short thinking poem of mine, "Hate".
Hate
I Hate You!
It’s your fault too.

Yet, with time it all seems minor.
Why even bother?
--------------------
(Version 2)
I Hate You!
It’s your fault too.


Why must we burn so intensely?
...when it's the hottest flame that cools most quick?

How did we start fighting over matters, that time
shows are not the effort we spent?

I am working on a book project idea that I've had since I saw Neruda's book of love poems.
Mine will have 50 Love and Break-up poems. I have chosen about half so far, but about a quarter of those I will probably edit or drop so... In fact the slightly newer poem I was initially going to post I decided to save for the project and perhaps edit. Worst, I don't write love poems that often, but I plan on having fun with this so wish me luck everyone.

3 comments:

Greatness, or Scott! for short said...

Yessss.. let the Hate flow through you!

Scott! said...

Dude, did you delete my comment? I'm hurt

Afro Al said...

No, I didn't delete your comment I filter them to avoid spam and other stupid stuff. Man, you really like that exclamation point!