Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Maybe I was Wrong

Well there is a first time for everything. As the idea of my being wrong is so shocking I suggest taking sitting down in case you faint. I'm sure you want all the facts. This concerns Antonie Dodson of the Bed intruder song fame. The first time I saw the news segment where he gave his rant I thought 'What an idiot. Why does the news bother giving him so much face time.' and seeing him as an embarrassment to the black community I quickly tried to put him out my mind.
The bad dream did not end there however, as not long afterward I found out about the song that was growing in popularity. I even found out people I considered intelligent friends were lapping up the ridiculous rhyme. I tried to not mention how stupid it was for people to light of an attempted rape as I learned like Rome that people do not like to be interrupted from their circus.
I read an article recently that has led me to change my mind-somewhat. While I usually dislike those profiting off the perceived stupidity of black people I may make an exception on the part of Mr. Dodson. He did not just enjoy the fame for two seconds but instead is selling the song on itunes and shirts to make enough profits according to the article to allow him to move his family from the project where the incident occurred while continuing his college education. Either way I do wish him and his family the best and hope the assailant is brought to justice.
Source: news.yahoo.com,blacksnob.com


1 comment:

Brandy Ruiz said...

I liked it after I found out he was getting paid! LOL!