Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Few Words about a Friend

It's odd how some stuff stays with you. At a party a few days ago I was asked to say a few words about a friend. I'm usually good with speeches but not ones that I'm unprepared for so I had no idea of what to say. Another friend told me how they thought it was lousy. They were right. She said that I could have done better and should do it over, even if it I did it in Japanese. I laughed it off but for some reason it's weighed on my mind. Maybe I'm a perfectionist but later on I thought of a haiku to replace the speech:

旅人に
なり、
もう美味いブランデー。
楽しくてね

2 comments:

Brandy Ruiz said...

It's okay, Alex, but can you translate the haiku for me? :)

Afro Al said...

I could. Doesn't really translate well though. I prefer it in Japanese.

Becoming a traveler,
Already skilled/tasty/good brandy
You'll have fun right

There's a slight pun because a word has several meanings.