Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Nisei Week and Yet another Sighting!

Well this year's Nisei Week「二世ウィーク」 seems to have a lot more people than last year's. Unluckily as much as I wish they were there for me I know what brought many of them. The Nebuta float from Aomori「青森」! I myself was really excited to see it. I first got to see it in person on Saturday. It was behind the Little Tokyo Shopping Center and they were still setting part of it up. It was taken apart to transport it here. Later that day they had a talk with the creator about why he chose a samurai,who he did,Takeda Shingen and other questions.

Sunday,the day of the parade I experienced another sighting incident. I was buying Nisei week t-shirts and raffle tickets and another person buying them recognized me from 2 obons. I really stand out at these O-bons? I thought there were loads of people who looked just like me at the o-bons.

Cool thing, I saw a few people I know Saturday and Sunday. Interesting fact, I met 2 of them at O-bons.

No comments: