Saturday, May 8, 2010

Thinking

I have a friend who keeps telling me to think less. As I find myself worrying more and more I can see her point. I also know that it's unhealthy too at a certain degree. Problem is I'm not sure I can stop thinking. It's in my nature to think over and rethink situations.

My experiences growing have also directed me to this point. The people I most want to emulate and care for have been the same. It's those whom I've seen constantly thinking about the future that truly care for others and actually get stuff done.

There are ways to decrease worry though. Planning early for instance. One other thing I have recently realized that it's okay to fail. I'm not saying don't try to succeed but I can't really live my life to its fullest if I'm scared of failure. I have actually known this for a while but its hard to put into practice. I have given advice to several friends through the years telling them, "There's no need to worry about death if you have no regrets." I am starting to take those steps to make sure I live without regrets. I hope any readers are doing the same.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

It is okay to fail. We would just never know what success is or fully life life without failures. What is failure anyways? I don't believe in failure unless you just really didn't try anything at all. Things can always be done better, but you don't know that until you tried something out. I try not to over think anything because then those voices in your head take over. leaving you feeling bad about nothing. I just always wonder, what is going on in that head of your Anonymous Afro???

Afro Al said...

Good point "failure" is a relative concept. What one may consider a failure another person doesn't.
What's that saying about getting things wrong only tells you what is right?