Monday, August 23, 2010

25 guitars and Nisei Week

Nisei Week is over. I am already missing it, but I'm also looking forward to next year. I think I may even have a more hands-on participation next year. *wink wink* The thing about Little Tokyo's Nisei Week ending is that it means more than just nisei week's festivals and celebrations coming to their yearly close, but also the end of obon season for me. That two month period on the weekends is the only time I see some friends.
But hey I can't mope, I have too many things to do and the great thing about living in the middle of L.A. is; there is always something going on. The 3rd annual Sunset Strip Music Festival is around the corner and less than a week away on the 28th! Unfortunately, I decided to not attend this year, however in my own way of celebrating West Hollywood's efforts I went on a kind of treasure hunt to "Guitartown". I walked the strip looking for the 26 10 foot guitars. I found them all except the one inside the Viper Room. I enjoyed the trip as I walked from one end of the strip to the next, rediscovering some places and finding new ones to check out.
The great thing to remember about these events is they are meant for the whole city- you are a part of the Gibsons guitars that are dotting the strip even if you aren't into music and even if you aren't Japanese or nisei you are part of Nisei Week so enjoy them. And hey! if you find some new events that are going on, tell me about them.

No comments: