Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oregon Trail : The Movie

I picked this up from blacksnob.com . It's funny for those who have played Oregon Trail, an educational game that was suppose to teach you how settlers survived in journeys to the west but really showed you how many things could go wrong on a road trip. Here is a trailer for a spoof of the game.
I don't know how many times I died by a snakebite on this game, but I could probably make a road with all the bloated puss-filled bodies that my virtual selves left. I ended up finding out the trick was to drive hard at the beginning, save your money until you are about halfway (stuff is more expensive but it won't fall off in rivers), to slow down midway in the trail, and avoid rivers whenever possible. I also remember that the epilogue at the end was a great disappointment. I went through all of that just to create a town after years of more hard-work! No gold or harem of wives or something! anyway...

No comments: