Friday, August 27, 2010

The Problem with Insomnia

"And mostly, I'm up and stressin', when other folks sleep.
Believe me, I know struggle, and struggle knows me."~K'naan(Strugglin')

I seem to have some type of insomnia problem. I have always had interesting sleep patterns; Able to go full throttle off maybe a daily 3 hour nap for a whole week or more or being able to wake up early if I wanted to and, what I prize most now, being able to go to sleep in a second. I've realized these last two months that I now can't seem to control it though. Last night I lay in bed for almost 4 hours trying to get back to sleep! I find myself tired and feeling like I'm only half there often. This is creating problems because I have been running around, doing a lot of things lately and it looks like I will only have more stuff on my plate soon.

Everything has a goodside though.
1. The only thing keeping me semi-alert sometimes is music. This has led to me rediscovering artist like Common. I have been a fan of Common for a while but can't remember the last time I listened to one of his albums. Now I can't get enough of the Finding Forever album.

2.On midnight journeys I've gone back to Lang-8 after a long hiatus. I posted about the nebuta and found someone else who carried it! What a coincidence that we would both be on lang-8 and find each other. Well technically she found me but only because I posted so I deserve some of the credit.

2 comments:

Brandy Ruiz said...

You never did sleep much during conferences. Have you thought of taking sleeping pills? Perhaps that's why you're slow to speak when people greet you.

Afro Al said...

I don't like taking medicine but some friends have given me advice.

Yes, probably so. Did I do that to you? I apologize if so